Monday 30 April 2012

Esch Cafe


I have decided to go back and Blog about a print ad that I found. I found the ad in ads of the world and I gathered that it’s an advertisement for a smoking café, but it doesn’t seem clear to me.

The ad was created by the ad agency Giovanni + Draftfcb in Rio de Janeiro by the creative director & copywriter Felipe Gomes. He decided to go along the line with famous people that smoked. The copy says, “there’s nothing like a good and long whiff of smoke” but it just seems bland. They leave nothing up to you except confusion. I enjoy ads that leave it up to your imagination, that only take you 50 percent of the way while leaving the rest up to you.

I personally feel that using famous people in smoking ads is over done and out of date. They could of used a more creative route with this ad and tried something different instead of the classic and original style. The copy is also bland and gives you nothing to work with. They might as well say, “Come to our café and smoke”. They should of tried and alternative route and if they did they could of created a decent campaign but in my opinion this is just not enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment