Monday 7 May 2012

The Avengers


Since before I could remember I have been a huge fan of reading Marvel Comic books, dreaming of the day when I could become a super-hero. Since Marvel decided to reenact the comic books to the big screen I have felt like a little kid on Christmas just staring at all the presents under the tree. Since the releases of The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor the writers have been teasing us about the possibility that an Avengers movie could be created, and finally it has been.

Expectations for this movie were incredibly high but you can’t blame anyone. With the cast of Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (the Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (THOR), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Samuel L Jackson (Nick Fury) people were expecting true excellence and in my opinion that is exactly what they got. With such huge ego’s and powers in the same room attempting to work together the writer and director had to push the boundaries to make this film work. The writer & Director Joss Whedon had a huge mountain to climb with this task but he created a perfect script and a completely mind blowing experience.

The Acting was superb, with the friendly banter throughout the film between Downey Jr. and the rest of the cast gave it a humorous feel that was executed well. There are more twists and turns than expected and I couldn’t be happier about that.

Now on to the topic of 3D, in my own opinion 3D can completely make or break a movie. Avenger’s in 3D is “mind Blowing” the entire film I was sitting with my mouth open in awe of what they created. During the final fight scene the cinematography that takes place is completely breath taking, with the building collapsing onto the streets and onto your laps with the 3D technology the experience is almost too much.

I recommend this movie to everyone. In my opinion it is a must see and if you have the option, go for 3D, the movie was created for 3D so see it in the way the director intended or you may not get the same experience.     

No comments:

Post a Comment